Sunday

WhitetoBrown Self Tan Review

WhitetoBrown Self Tan Lotion 250ml RRP £15
So on my quest to find the best affordable self tan I came accross a brand called WhitetoBrown. I've tried nearly all the self tan brands out there but could only find one review online about them, it was a good review though so I thought I'd take my chances. I managed to pick up their self tan lotion on Ebay for just under £10, and they also do tan extenders, exfoliators, instant tan, tan wipes and tanning acessories. They also have products for professionals and pro spray tanning systems. WhitetoBrown claims they use 'the ideal pH balance to work in harmony with the DHA in tanning products to optimise your tan'.

The 250ml lotion comes in a sleek white bottle with an understated logo and press down top.
When I received the lotion and took off the top I was pleased to see a very dark almost reddish brown (no orange here) and not a hint of shimmer or sparkle. The tan applies very well and is very moisturising, although Id never had a problem with fake tans clinging to dry parts like elbows or knees before and this lotion did make them look slightly darker than other parts. 

The dark reddish brown guide colour
The colour develops in 2-4 hours, I put this on before bed and didnt have any problem with lasting stickiness or streaks from my pjs. The guide colour in this tinted lotion is very very dark which is great when you put it on, especially for an english winter ghost like me, but is quite disappointing when you shower it off as you can literally see half your colour dissappearing down the drain! Despite this I was left with a tan that I could usually only get with 2-3 applications of my normal self tan, it lasted about a week even with shaving and still looked freshly applied after exfoliating my face.

A note about using this lotion on your face- although it didnt break me out it did fill up my pores with the dark brown colour, but this was remedied by gently exfoliating.
The only downsides are the squeezy bottle which makes getting the product out a bit difficult and due to the dark guide colour if you spill it anywhere it is a pain to remove- its stained my white shelf and has actually stained the label on the bottle a light red! I apply this lotion using a mitt but did try with plastic gloves and found it went on slightly streaky and took a lot of work to even out.

Despite the few downsides, this is my new favourite fake tan and I will definitely be purchasing again!


My favourite used to be Soltan Beautiful Bronze, whats your favourite self tan?




2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful info specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    New York City Spray Tan

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts.
I love to read and reply to your comments, they all make me smile! x

© Taupe & Pearl: UK Affordable Beauty and Accessories Blog . All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig